Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Gift of Thanks

Today is Mother's Day and I don't care who you are, it is a day of very special importance, because everyone has a Mom. Remember, Mother's Day isn't about what she didn't do for you, it's instead all about celebrating the special gift that our Mother's have given us every day of our lives.

For those of you that know me, this may not come as a surprise. But of all the people in my life, my Mother has given me more to help me become who I am than anyone else on this earth.

Besides the obvious gift of life, my Mom, Pat Reich, gave me a gift I know I will never be able to repay. She gave me the gift of "Self Confidence". And it is so deeply ingrained in my psyche that I believe I can do what ever I set my mind to - overcome any obstacle and achieve anything I want.

For as long as I can remember, she loved me very deeply - and did all the things that Moms do best (wipe your nose, pick at your, make you brush your teeth and cook your favorite meal on special occasions). But she did so much more. My Mom helped me feel like I was the most special person on this earth. She gave me an aura of "belief in myself" - a gift that to this very day drives me forward in ways that I cannot express.

No matter who you are or what you are doing, if your Mom is still with you, take a moment out of your busy day and call or visit her. Make her day as special as she has made yours for so long. Or, if your Mom has passed, set aside a couple moments to reflect on her - all that she gave of herself for you.

She may not have been the perfect Mom, but she was perfect enough to give you life and the opportunity to make a difference in this world. It is your choice to make it real.

With all my the love that I know, Thank You Mom.

I Love You.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post ... It was SWEET. and VERY real. Thanks!! Something really wonderful happens when we slow down to appreciate and love the people who make a difference in our lives.

    ReplyDelete